Monday, November 15, 2010

Opening the Door

I was reading Barbara Wilder's very fine blog, which she announced as her replacement for her newsletter--a way of coming into the 21st century. Well, I know blogs, and I have resisted them, because for one thing I already send out a newsletter.

But then I saw how, if you are a writer for real, at heart, a blog could give you room to come in close to things that were just lying around in your inner closet, waiting for a chance to make their impression on your conscious awareness. A blog could let you dream and follow it, without requiring a linear justification or scaffolding. A blog could let you share your writings, your views on what it is in us that seeks to be known through writing (and reading), and really, anything.

And, a post is usually moderately short.

All these reasons conspired to lure me into the blogworld. I have so many wonderful treasures to share.

I have shared these treasures at length on my (two) websites: "Writing from the Deeper Self: Bringing Your Treasures into the World" (my book-developer work): www.essentialwriting.com.  And the organic fruiting of that way of seeing writing, the published books (as well as flower essences for writers, and other wonderful healing treats): Rose Press: www.rosepress.com.  So I will not repeat myself here. (Though as you can see, I have no false modesty about pointing you in those two directions, where you can read to your heart's content.)

In future blogs, I will write about such things as:
  • Money and the inner life (how one fosters and heals the other)
  • The real ground of creativity (it's not just about lots of ideas)
  • How musical harmony captures our souls, and translates to human relations
  • Growing into love
  • My books and their healing intent
  • How writing and reading can have communion at its center

If you have read this far, thank you. It is almost 11pm, and I'm less perfectionistic than I'd be during the earlier hours. Random thoughts may be replaced, with sufficient rest, by deep and healing rhythms.

Meanwhile, I want to thank my friends for all their support and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment